Travelling.

Travelling.
Travelling leaves you speechless. Then turn you into a storyteller. Hope I have been a good one ^.^

Friday, April 5, 2013

A Journey to the K land! (Feb 2013)

If you know me, you would know that I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Korea! (South, I mean) I love the shopping, the fashion, the food, the street snacks, the make-up, the skin care everything! Of course, their stars are C.U.T.E & H.A.N.D.S.O.M.E & H.O.T too! Have you seen Kim Hyun Joong? My God, he is cute! 


Behind the scenes of the drama "Boys Over Flowers"
2009


My First Time meeting him in person
The Face Shop, Myeong Dong, Seoul, South Korea
28 Oct 2010




My Second Time meeting him in person
The Face Shop, Causeway Point, Woodlands, Singapore
19 Aug 2011



My Third Time meeting him in person
Singapore Indoor Stadium, Singapore
4 May 2012

Haha enough of me digressing :D

So, I have a friend who wanted to visit the K land and as I was there for about 4 months during my student exchange program, I shall be the tour guide haha. We planned to leave with night flight on Friday 1 Feb  and leave Seoul with another night flight on Saturday 9 Feb. We managed to enjoy 8 full days of travelling with 5 days of leave from work.  

When we were checking out the air ticket prices in early October 2012, the cheapest ticket with reasonable transit time and only 1 transit stop was with the Cathay Pacific for about SGD 715.  When we finally booked the tickets in mid October, it was SGD 900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In 2 weeks, the prices had increased soooooooooo much! Grhhhhhh so my dear readers, if you are planning to go to Seoul and if you see air tickets going for less than SGD 600 or so, just BUY.  Click the BUY button right there.  Otherwise, you will end up paying SO MUCH MORE!

But we were quite happy with our accommodation.  Green Residence http://www.seoulgreen.com/ was ideally located right smack in the middle of Myeongdong (a shopping paradise esp for skin care & cosmetics) and it was just 5min walk away from the subway station. It was clean too! Of course, for 75,000 Won a night for a double room, it cannot be compared to a nice hotel room.  But hey, we were there to shop, eat and sight-see so a convenient location and a clean place to rest was enough for us (:

Our original flight was supposed to depart around 8+pm on Friday but the Cathay Pacific cancelled that flight and put us on an earlier flight, departing at 6+pm. And off we go!
 Thank you Mister for fetching me from work and sending me to the airport

 My travel buddy

Supper on the Plane!

Come back for my next few posts about my detailed experience!

Adios!
xoxo
Miss N

More about Myeong Dong 
http://www.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SH/SH_EN_7_2_3_1.jsp

More about Green Residence
http://www.seoulgreen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment