Travelling.

Travelling.
Travelling leaves you speechless. Then turn you into a storyteller. Hope I have been a good one ^.^

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mr & Missy in Korea Day 12 (27 May 2013)

As our flight back to Seoul is at 8:40 am, we wanted to be at the airport by 8 am.  So we checked out from our hotel at 7 am.  We stayed very near to the airport but we had to look for a gas station to refill the Mini's tank. When we collected the car, it was with full tank so we had to return it in the same condition. Plus, we had to drop of the car to the car rental company's parking lot.  They would need to check everything was fine with the car before they send us to the airport with shuttle bus. Yeah, so that was why we needed to set out about 1 hour earlier. Plus, its easier to get lost inside a city than on a expressway right?  


Saying bye to our Mini of 72 hours


 CUTE



Inside Jeju Airport
We really did finish checking in by 8 am. 

It was just drizzling when we left December Hotel. However, the weather got worse and our 8:40 am flight was delayed by an hour. Luckily, typhoon came in only on the day that we were leaving and not anytime sooner! The only impact to us was the 1-hour delay in flight back to Seoul and missing out on Yongmeori Coast and Mt.Songaksan. 

Imagine if we reach Jeju on that day.  It would be a horrible trip.  Who would want to do sightseeing in the rain? Your feet would be wet all the times which means uncomfortable to the max.  You would have to hold umbrella throughout, even in the photos! Then your face would be in the dark due to the shadow from umbrella. Several attractions might be close. Or it would be a bit dangerous to go.  Walking on the rocks at Jeongbang Waterfall would be very tough since the rocks are wet! So yeah, we were glad we missed the typhoon. 

Oh but we saw some photos on Instagram that night. Typhoon did create some amazing sights like huge ass waves and it allowed for even amateurs to capture National Geographic kind of photos! 


 With all our entrance tickets in Jeju

We missed our self-drive trip already T.T Up to this date, we both agreed that it was our best trip!(in terms of sights, cost, flexibility, transportation, food.  And the fact that I did not shop must have won some points in Mister's eyes :D) 

If we ever get another chance to visit this beautiful island again, I would love to go to Citrus Museum for tangerine picking, walk along some picturesque Olle Routes (http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_4_12_13.jsp) and enjoy the amazing sights of Namwon ocean-side promenade, Yongmeori Coast and Mt.Songaksan.  We would also love to enjoy a relaxing outdoor picnic somewhere along the coast! As it was usually too hot or raining to have an outdoor picnic in little red dot Singapore, you can understand why we want to do in Jeju, can't you? 

Anyway, back to our Day 12 in Korea, we landed in Seoul Gimpo Airport at 10:45 am instead of 9:45 am.  By the time I reached to Sinchon guesthouse, it was around 12 noon.  Mister headed back to his hostel SK Global House from Sinchon Subway station.  Then he would have to attend classes till evening. So, I planned to head to Lotte Mart at Seoul Station to buy snacks to bring back to Singapore!

Seoul Station is on Line 1 and Line 4.  Come out from exit 1.  Lotte Mart is located on the right side of the Seoul Station building. There is a food court as well as a super market. Oh and there is a tax refund counter if you spend more than 30,000 Won.  They will just stamp your receipt and you will have to claim refund in cash at the Incheon Airport.

You know what they say? Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach! Otherwise, I would end up buying everything haha so yes, I headed to the food court for my lunch around 12:30 pm.  This is a traditional Korean lunch box with beef (bulgogi).  Its served in a metal lunch box, so cute right? I can't remember the exact cost, probably 5,500 Won? Oh their food courts have water dispenser and tissue dispenser so you do not need buy any drinks or tissue (:

After lunch, I shopped without once thinking how I am going to carry everything back to Sinchon guesthouse and subsequently to Singapore! You see, supermarkets in Korea do not give plastic bags. You cannot pay money for plastic bags either. And silly me forgot to brings bags! So the only option for me was to take a box (Lotte Mart gives those cardboard boxes for free to shoppers) and pray everything fits into one box.  How can I carry more than one box, even if I take a cab? Luckily, as I was looking for a suitable-sized box, supermarket workers replenished the box pile and I found the reasonably-sized box in which, I managed to put every snack in! Of course, I could not close the box but hey, everything was in one box and I was relieved! 

I was just so relieved that I totally forgot to take picture of my snack box! Haha so I will just type what I bought (in no particular order)! Hopefully, you guys will like those snacks too!  

1. roasted seaweeds
On top of being yummy, they made for good presents to friends since they are individually packed in 5g bags. 

2. chewing gum 
Only if you like since they are not available in Singapore. 

3. Banana milk
I know there are several brands of banana milk available in Singapore too but don't you think they are too sweet? But I really love this Korean milk, its creamy and sweetness is just right. Plus, Lee Min Ho endorsed it, need I say more?


4. Lotte Choco Pie
Mister loves these choco pies!
 5. Tteokbokki / Ddeokbokki Snack
Oh my god, if you love Tteokbokki / Ddeokbokki (spicy rice cake), you will love this.  Its sweet and spicy and crunchy.  I bought like 10 packs?


6. Market O Brownies 
Another favorite of mine!!!  If you love chocolate, you will love this.  If you refuse to try this even though you are a chocolate-lover, you have betrayed chocolate! I am serious! I always thought that brownies are best eaten when they are freshly baked.  So I didn't have much hope for this packaged brownie. Oh boy, how wrong I was. They were moist and chocolaty.  Plus, you could even taste rum!  If you are still doubtful, you can just buy one (1,000 Won) from a convenience store like GS25.  Then go to supermarket to buy in boxes after you are converted :D

7. Crown Crispy Wafers 
There are two flavors but being a chocolate lover than I am, I am always partial to hazel nut fillings haha
8. Pepero!!!!
They taste better than Pocky! They do! 

9. Crown Couque Dasse Cookies 
There are two flavors too. But I very much prefer white chocolate over coffee. However, don't take my word for it since I don't like coffee!
Crown Couque Dasse White
Let's just say you really cannot buy all these due to luggage considerations. Then you MUST buy roasted seaweeds and Market O Brownies.  You Must! 

Since I had an early start that day coupled with having to carry all these snacks back to the guesthouse, I rested a bit as soon as I reached back! Then I spent about 2 hours packing my stuffs. I was leaving Korea in 2 days' time :( Around 6:30 pm, I met Mister and had Korean BBQ dinner in Sinchon.  Its the same place we had our dinner after we came back from Jeonju.  I just had to go back there for their oh-so-tasty Korean beef! 

After dinner, we walked around in Ewha shopping area but the area was not as crowded as usual.  It must be due to the weather.  It was drizzling the whole day. I wasn't really in the mood for shopping too (very rare, I know) so we ended up in Baskin Robins for some ice-cream.  Plus, I helped Mister with his Keynote slides for presentation. When it was closing time for ice-cream shop, we called it a day....

Adios!

xoxo
Miss N

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Korea Trip Itinerary

Korea Day 1

Korea Day 2

Korea Day 3

Korea Day 9

No comments:

Post a Comment