Travelling.

Travelling.
Travelling leaves you speechless. Then turn you into a storyteller. Hope I have been a good one ^.^

Monday, July 29, 2013

Mr & Missy in Korea Day 5 (20 May 2013)

The next day was Monday and Mister had to attend classes till 1pm. He came over to Sinchon Station around 1:15pm to meet me for lunch.  Since it was a bit warm, we decided to try cold noodles (Naeng Myeon  냉면) and dumpling (mandu 만두 )! 

Noodle in ice-cold water! Perfect summer food haha :D 



Yummy BBQ Beef 


mandu 만두


After lunch, we took subway to Sinsa Station on Line 3. We walked for about 10min from exit 8 of Sinsa Station to reach Garosugil 가로수길 . Its such a pretty Gingko-tree-lined street with lots of nice boutiques and cozy cafes. We couldn't help but snapped pictures of all the nice buildings! Haha then at the end of the street, Mister went to the Woori Bank to withdraw money. Afterwards, we strolled back to the Garosugil and discussed where to have our tea break. Such a difficult decision if you consider all the pretty cafes dotted along the entire street!!!









 We went to Godiva for our tea break but it was full and we would have to wait at least 15-20 min.  But Mister needed to go back to Yonsei for his class so we just went to another cafe - Beans Bins.




From Sinsa Station, Mister took subway to Sinchon while I took the train to Myeong Dong for a bit of retail therapy! Haha however, my first stop is the Korean Tourism Organization (KTO) at M Plaza Level 5 to book our Hanbok photo slot. Anybody can rent Hanbok / traditional Korean dress / 한복 for free for 10 mintues to take photos! Mister class would end at 6pm and I wanted to book for 630pm slot but the KTO didn't accept photo booking after 5pm.  So we had to go back the next day but I was quite happy about it since I was having a bad hair day. I really didn't want to take photos with my bad hair.  

Since I was in Myeong Dong, of course I had to shop.  There were so many cosmetics, skin care, shoes, accessories and clothes to buy! How could I resist! Hahaha from 5pm to 630pm, I was super productive that when Mister met me at 630pm, I had 6 shopping bags with me. Oh boy, he was shocked! 

Nonetheless, since there was no more Hanbok photo-shoot for us, we decided to take care of our hungry stomach and had "marinated chicken galbi fried rice" for dinner.  So so so yummy! It was just 6000 Won per person. You gotta try that in Myeong Dong!





After our dinner, we continued to shop at Laneige and H&M for more retail therapy! 
Mister waiting for me at the H&M changing rooms 


 After we reached back to Sinchon, I dropped off all my purchases in my room at the 24 Guesthouse.  Then, we headed to a Karaoke 노래방 to sing our heats out! Hahaha the aunty was so nice that she kept extending our time for free!.Although we paid for 1 hour, We ended up with 2 hours! Korea's free service is just daebak!


reached back to my guesthouse around 1am and I sorted out my purchases of the day.  Definitely a productive day haha ;p

Adios!
xoxo
Miss N

No comments:

Post a Comment