Travelling.

Travelling.
Travelling leaves you speechless. Then turn you into a storyteller. Hope I have been a good one ^.^

Friday, August 12, 2016

USA Trip Day 12 - 15 Sep 2014 - LA Hotel (Stay on Main / Hotel Cecil)

Oh Heat Wave! Why you no go away! Why must you visit LA, while we were there only for a short 4 days?!  The lack of air-con in our room made it worse! We kept taking a shower when the heat got too much for us too handle. 

Initially, the room I booked didn't even have an attached bathroom.  I realized it when I read the confirmation email. So immediately I cancelled my booking and made a new reservation for a room with private bathroom, for extra charge.  Thank god I did that. Otherwise, I can't imagine how bad our stay could have become. Can I just share a bit about our hotel / hostel?

Stay On Main (Old Name: Hotel Cecil)

+ Great location downtown (convenient to buy food and take public transport)
+ Affordable rates
+ Grand lobby
+ Free iMac in the lobby

- Can be scary location too with homeless, the city's worst drug addicts and most destitute citizens, typical of DTLA 
- Foreboding past with haunted stories and murder cases (Mister wisely kept this history from me and only told me after we checked out.  Otherwise, I don't think I could have lasted all 5 days there)
- NO AIR-CONDITIONING
- Horrible drainage in our private bathroom
- Rooms are not sound-proof, so if your neighbors are night owls, good luck to you
- Extremely noisy with police sirens


With these pros and cons in mind, you can make a decision for yourself.  However, I will not be staying there ever again. I just won't be able to enjoy a good rest after a tiring day of sightseeing, without air-conditioning and proper bathroom. And how can I get a good sleep, knowing the history of this place? 

Plus, we didn't feel that safe in this notoriously shady part of LA. During our month long vacation in the USA, those 5 days in LA were the worse in terms of us feeling unsafe. Compared to DTLA, we felt loads better going home at 1:00 am in Queens, New York City.

And pardon me for the lack of photos in this post as I didn't feel like taking photos of the hotel during my stay. Feel free to google though.

Adios!
xoxo
Miss N

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review of this hotel. A friend was thinking of booking a room there.

    ReplyDelete