Travelling.

Travelling.
Travelling leaves you speechless. Then turn you into a storyteller. Hope I have been a good one ^.^

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mr & Missy in Korea Day 1 (16 May 2013)

I was a bit unsure about flying with China Eastern Airline as I have never heard of it and didn't know many people who have flied with China Eastern Airline.  But to my surprise, it departed from Changi Airport Terminal 3!  

Everything was fine with the airline except the lack of entertainment for the 5 hour flight from Singapore to Shanghai!!!!  Luckily, I am the type of person who can fall asleep easily so I just slept during the flight from 1am to 6am. When we reached Shanghai, it was drizzling and we had to walk down the stairs from the plane to the runway where the bus was waiting to bring us to the terminal! Fortunately, I didn't have any cabin luggage.  I cannot imagine me carrying a cabin luggage down the steep stairs of the plane which were quite slippery due to the rain! 


It was still pretty early so the departure area was quite empty!

After I cleared the transfer process and reached the departure area, it was only 630am or so but my flight to Seoul would only depart at 1230pm. I had freaking 5 hours to waste at the airport so of course, I naturally looked for free airport wifi and a power socket to charge my phone. BUT free wifi at Pudong Airport asked me for a password!  If it is indeed free, why is it password-protected?  Also, that password will be sent to you via SMS to your mobile phone!  I was just transiting in China for 5 freaking hours so why would I have a Chinese phone number?! Then I couldn't use at all??? That doesn't make sense right? I was soooooooooooo frustrated!



The information counter was closed since its too early! Lucky for me, I spotted an airport  staff and asked him for a wifi password.  Thank you Mr.Kind Soul!  Because of you, I wasn't bored to death at the Shanghai airport!  


If you have to transit there and need to use a wifi, please be there during office hours so that you can get password from the information counter.  If I hadn't met a guy who knew a wifi password, Shanghai Pudong Airport would be the root cause of my death due to boredom!

Haha this photo can give you a hint of how bored and restless I was on the 2 hour flight from Shanghai to Seoul! There was no entertainment again!!! :(

 Landed in Incheon Airport around 3:30pm!!!

From the terminal that my flight landed, we had to take a short train ride to go to the main terminal with immigration counters & luggage belts.


Incheon airport is quite tourist friendly! There are booths like this where you can check about how you can get to different places in Korea!


Since I wanted to stay near Mister's hostel, I booked a room at 24 Guesthouse in Sinchon.  So we had to take bus 6002. We checked  about nearest exit to 6002 bus stop at the information counter. The bus stop is right outside the departure area (Exit 12A) and it has a board displaying the route and estimated bus arrival time.  Oh my, the timings were soooo accurate! 


 YAY!  We reached our Sinchon bus stop.  It was just 5 min walk from the bus stop to my guesthouse. At the bus stop, there is this virtual grocery shopping board where you just scan the bar-code of the item you want & the supermarket will deliver it to your address! Awesomeness!

Details of Airport Bus 6002 at the Sinchon bus stop

My Guesthouse is just 2-3 min walk away from Exit 8 of Sinchon Subway station!

Tada! My small cozy room!








Tada! My small cozy room!
(40,000 Won per night for one single room)


Next to my guesthouse - 24 Guesthouse Sinchon


OOTD was tank top and shorts since it was sooooooooooo hot! I couldn't believe it was supposed to be spring there!

After checking in and dropping of my bags at the 24 Guesthouse, we decided to walk over to Mister's hostel. Yonsei University's SK Global house is 4 bus stops / 25 min walk away from Sinchon Subway station!

Bus stop on the Yonsei University Street - So pretty!


Since it was Thursday (Mister's self-declared fast food day), we grabbed nachos and a wrap for our tea time snack :D


Buddha's birthday was around the corner so Seoul was decorated with colorful lanterns.


We reached Mister's hostel! Being a girl, I wasn't allowed to go inside a guy's room so I just waited for Mister in the lounge while he kept all the Myanmar food that I brought for him. Then, off we go to Edae / Ewha Women University Street, to get my long-awaited CUP CHICKEN!

egg buns are just AMAZING!
3 for 2000 Won


my long-awaited CUP CHICKEN!
Mister got a small cup for 1000 Won while the greedy me got the medium cup for 2000 Won! YUM!


Our drinks to go with cup chicken


Its called cup chicken cuz it is simply chicken sold in those disposable drinking cups!  But a mixture of fried chicken coated in spicy sauce and harsh browns & rice cake / deokboki is to die for! This is my FAVORITE Korean street snack. YOU MUST TRY IT!


It became pretty chilly at night as the wind was quite strong. So we spent our first evening, eating my favorite cup chicken, drinking banana milk (beer in Mister's case), and listening to live music from the popular Hongdae performers while enjoying the spring breeze.  Such a chillax time.


Of course, I couldn't not shop when I was in Edae with lots and lots of shops catered to females. So these are the purchases from Day 1!

Mister still wanted to get a drink or go to Noraebang (Karaoke) but I decided to call it a day as we needed to wake up early the next day to go to Nami Island.

Adios!
xoxo
Miss N

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Korea Trip Itinerary 









15 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'll be staying in a 24 guesthouse franchise, and may I ask, did you print any reservation documents or did you just present your passport at the check-in counter? I was advised to just present my passport since apparently there are no reservation documents. May I ask if you did the same? Just checking. ^^ Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hi
      So sorry for the late reply! Somehow, this notification email was sorted in junk/spam :( Are you already in Korea? When I stayed there, I printed a reservation document since I made reservation through booking.com i think? How did you book it? Maybe you can show your booking email, if there is a need? Enjoy your trip to Kimchiland! :D

      Delete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  4. a) Personal Loan, Business Expansion.
    b) Business Start-up and Education.
    c) Debt Consolidation.
    d) Hard Money Loans.
    e) Mortgage Finance.
    We are a private financial Institution we offer 3% interest loan from the range of $5,000.00 to $38,000,000.00 from one year to fifty years.
    For more information and application contact us with the information below:
    Email:grandfortunelendingcompany@gmail.com or whatsapp us on +17094000074.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a) Personal Loan, Business Expansion.
    b) Business Start-up and Education.
    c) Debt Consolidation.
    d) Hard Money Loans.
    e) Mortgage Finance.
    We are a private financial Institution we offer 3% interest loan from the range of $5,000.00 to $38,000,000.00 from one year to fifty years.
    For more information and application contact us with the information below:
    Email:grandfortunelendingcompany@gmail.com or whatsapp us on +17094000074.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you need cash to settle you debts and solve other financial problems? search no more because we are currently giving out loan to individuals and companies at 3% interest rate...Reply back to us so that we can furnish you with more information on getting a loan.
    NOTE: All Responses should be forwarded toEmail: grandfortunelendingcompany@gmail.com or whatsapp us on +17094000074.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Customers.

    We invite you all to participate in our new business and project funding program, We are currently funding for Business start-up Business developments, Business acquisition Business expansion, Project funding and Working capital etc.

    This Funding program allows a client to enjoy 3% low interest rate and payback period of 1 to 35 years. We can approve a loan/funding for up to $500,000,000.00 or more depending on the nature of business we are currently funding for and we satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed

    Application Available
    Apply via email: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  8. Product Detail

    Do you need a loan?
    Does your firm, company or industry need financial assistance?
    Do you need finance to start your business?
    Do you need personal loan?
    Loan for your home improvements
    Mortgage loan
    Debt consolidation loan
    Commercial loan
    Education loan
    Car loan
    Loan for assets.
    Contact us today with for your loan request. abubakarloanservice@gmail.com
    Phone number:+1 3236282860 (Call/Whats app)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are registered finance lender we offer fast and Legit cash to individual and companies at 3% interest rate. Do you think of getting an urgent finance to start up business,pay up bills or debt? We offer all kinds of finance to Customer and we shall be glad to offer you a finance. For more information contact us. Email: grandfortunelendingcompany@gmail.com or whatsapp us on +17094000074.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are registered finance lender we offer fast and Legit cash to individual and companies at 3% interest rate. Do you think of getting an urgent finance to start up business,pay up bills or debt? We offer all kinds of finance to Customer and we shall be glad to offer you a finance. For more information contact us. Email: grandfortunelendingcompany@gmail.com or whatsapp us on +17094000074.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We offer a wide range of financial services which includes: Business Planning, Commercial and Development Finance, Properties and Mortgages, Debt Consolidation Loans, Business Loans, Private loans, Home Refinancing Loans with low interest rate @3% per annul for individuals, companies and corporate bodies. Get the best for your family and own your dream home as well with our General Loan scheme.
    Interested applicants should Contact us via Email:grandfortunelendingcompany@gmail.com or whatsapp us on +17094000074.
    So we await to hear from you soon.
    Thanks for your cooperation

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr bradley ducan,via email:bradleyducan206@gmail.com or whatsapp: +18034554990 Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com
    Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply.
    Regards,
    Muqse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Need a Debt Loan To Pay Off Bills?
    Take control of your debt today
    Available Now Business Expansion Loan Offer?
    Do you need a loan to pay off Bills?
    Do you need a loan?
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Expansion Loan?
    Business Start-up, Education,
    Debt Consolidation Loan
    Hard Money Loans
    Loan for any thing ?
    We offer loan at low interest rate of 3%
    Loan with no credit check,
    Email us: abubakarloanservice@gmail.com
    Whats App +91-9818603391

    ReplyDelete