Travelling.

Travelling.
Travelling leaves you speechless. Then turn you into a storyteller. Hope I have been a good one ^.^

Monday, August 24, 2020

My Favourite List (Thai Dramas / Lakorns) Part IV

Here is the final part of my favourite Thai drama list.

Piang Chai Khon Nee Mai Chai Poo Wised (When a man loves a woman)

After Wanida, I forgot about Thai dramas for a couple of years till I came across 
Sand Princess subbed videos on YouTube.  As I searched for more shows on YouTube, 
I chanced upon this gem, starring James Ma and Kimmy. 

Dr Wat and Nut encountered each other purely by chance which left our doctor 
enchanted. Of course, there were a couple of misunderstandings when they met again 
and Nut didn't know quite know what to make of the charming doctor. Should she give in 
to her growing feelings or should she be on guard and protect her heart from opportunists 
who approach her for her family's money?  Despite Nut's father liking Dr Wat, her distrust caused
their arranged marriage not to be as smooth-sailing as we would like. Witnessing how Dr Wat's
sincere heart has finally managed to break down all the walls Nut has built around her heart
will have you squealing with delight. Both of them have helped each other grow and learn to
love while embracing each others' faults. Forget butterflies, you will get the whole zoo 
in your stomach while enjoying those delightful scenes  between the two leads. 
Trust me, I have watched it 3 times so far. 

Piang Chai Khon Nee Mai Chai Poo Wised (2016) poster
And the good news?
There will be a new drama named Song Sanaeha airing in 2020 with James Ma and Kimmy. 
I honestly can't wait to see another collaboration between these two with 
their off-the-charts chemistry!!!


Rampapat is a beautiful, smart and hardworking executive who is clear about her goals and
will not be deterred from achieving them. She also feels the need to prove to her detractors
that she attains her position due to her skills, rather than her being the daughter of the company's
founder. Her tenacity and persistence at demanding perfection from herself and her staff
earned her the reputation of being the devil. Will she be tamed by her secretary, who is
nonetheless cunning and has his own ulterior motives? 

I watched the show for Baifern and of course, she is incredible in her portrayal of Rampapat.
But I didn't exactly feel the chemistry between Rampapat and her secretary Yut. Someone with
a bigger presence or charisma should be taking the male lead role to balance Baifern's devil
angel character. It would have elevated this lakorn to a higher level of entertainment value.

MIA (The fierce wife)

Aruna and Thada appears to have a perfect family but cracks started appearing soon after 
Aruna's cousin moved in with them. How will Aruna deal with her cheating husband? How will
she handle her growing feelings for her client turned unlikely ally Wasin? Will Wasin be successful
in supporting Aruna to find herself again?

I tend to avoid family dramas as they make me feel emotionally drained even though my purpose
for watching shows is to take my mind off stressful reality. But I made an exception for this
show with rave reviews. Fortunately for me, I didn't know any of the actors beforehand,
so it has spared me from heartache and emotional turmoil I definitely would have gone through
if the suffering characters are portrayed by my favorite stars like James Ji / James Ma /
Bella / Kimmy.

I would have dropped this show like a hot potato if Aruna forgave her cheating husband.
Thankfully this lakorn honed in on how Aruna strives to be her own person and finds her
strength for her child. She didn't conveniently fall into the waiting arms of Wasin, but rather
Wasin empowered her to accomplish independence. Despite the age gap, I could picture Aruna
with Wasin, due to his maturity about understanding Aruna's situation and his supportive mom. 
This drama will bring you on an emotional roller coaster but it was a satisfying watch at the end.
There is even a sequel released in 2019, if you love the show.

Jao Sao Jum Yorm (When I marry a stranger) 

Is it just me or do you find Channel 7 lakorns to be a tad over the top with abusive characters,
completely illogical narratives and rape story-lines? So I was over the moon to have stumbled upon
Mik & Pooklook's playful drama "When I marry a stranger".

May and Kade were dumped at the alter by their respective partners, who eloped against their
families' wishes. Disappointed May and Kade met each other at the resort's bar and got utterly drunk.
After a night spent together, they decided to go their own way but a blackmail threat has them
signing a marriage certificate to avoid public scandal. Will they fall for each other for real?
Together, how will they overcome the obstacles blocking them from their happily-ever-after?

Believe me, their romance is definitely heart fluttering and squeal inducing! At first, I was doubtful
if Mik could deliver in terms of acting skills due to his pretty boy image but damn, I was turned
into his solid fan. The half brother narrative was creepy but I love how Kade is unshakable in his love & 
support for May.  No matter how much he desperately wants to be with May, he respects her wishes &
boundaries set by her.  There is a fine line between sexy and abusive when it comes to
a forceful male character. If you enjoy this drama like I do, I am sure you would love Mik's
another lakorn "Sapai Import".

Sapai Import (Imported Bride)

Lisa's father was scammed and his huge debt landed them in a difficult situation. Don's mother 
helped them out with their financial burden and Lisa was very grateful to her. Due to that gratitude, 
Lisa agreed to Don's mother's request to marry Don, who was about lose his inheritance 
if he doesn't get married and bear an heir within the year. Of course, we follow their journey towards 
accepting and loving each other, while supporting one another towards achieving their dreams.

I am glad Lisa is not a spoilt rotten rich girl but rather, a hardworking girl with a heart of gold. 
Although she is kind, she is not naive to let others walk all over her. Lisa is a strong lady who is not 
afraid to stand up for herself and to get her hands dirty.  Love story on this huge farm was 
a heart-warming affair involving the big family, littered with cute moments between our couple. 
You will not regret giving this drama a chance (:

And this wraps up the fourth and final sharing session of the 15 Thai lakorns I enjoyed watching.
Till next time when I discover more interesting dramas!

Adios!
xoxo
Miss N

No comments:

Post a Comment