Travelling.

Travelling.
Travelling leaves you speechless. Then turn you into a storyteller. Hope I have been a good one ^.^

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Photoshoots with coupons (Groupon / Big Deal etc)

In the past year, I have noticed that photo-shoot coupons were becoming soooo popular in Singapore deal websites. Of course, since each shoot only costs around SGD 10-20 , I did buy a couple! hahaha But I honestly ended up spending much more than the coupon price :D  The coupon only allows you to get about 5-6 photos among all the photos that you have taken during that 60min - 90 min shoot. Photos are already taken and it would be such a waste to just delete them right? So yes, I always ended up buying at least 20-30 more photos than my coupon allowed me to. I just wanna share my experience so that you guys might be able to choose locations and poses for your future shoots!


Dec 2011
Family Shoot
Singapore Botanic Gardens






Jan 2012
Couple Shoot
Singapore Fort Canning Park






July 2012
Family Graduation Shoot
Studio


July 2012
Couple Shoot
Hort Park






September 2012
Friends Graduation Shoot
Singapore Botanic Gardens







After all these experiences, I really prefer outdoor shoots compared to studio shoots.  Outdoor scenery adds color and vibrancy to your photos! Think of all those trees, grass, pavilion, blue sky and flowers! 

Plus, lets face it, we are not models so we need all the help available for us to strike that picture  perfect pose!  Outdoor provides natural props which help with poses! You are not trapped inside an enclosed area. Even if your poses are more or less the same, different scenery can make them look more different than they really are! 

The only down side about outdoor shoots is weather! oh well, nothing is perfect in this world huh? 

After deciding on whether you want indoor or outdoor shoot, you gotta think about what you want / what you want to portray   I usually find it easier to think of location, clothes, props and poses after I decide on the theme of the photoshoot. For example, for our picnic-themed photo-shoot, we decided to go to the park since that's where people have picnic.  Since it is to portray a happy atmosphere, we didn't want to wear dark colored clothes.  Of course, happy poses like jump shots are obligatory in this case. 

For poses, photographers can tell you what to do BUT they might be telling other clients to act out the same poses! And you want unique photos for yourself right? So the best is think of poses for yourself.  I find it easier to browse the Internet for movie posters or music videos to give me some inspirations.

So happy taking photos! Lights, camera, andddddddddddd action!

Adios!
xoxo
Miss N

No comments:

Post a Comment